Hold Mail Service
- What is Hold Mail Service?
- What is the HMS operating hours?
- Where do you deliver to?
- Who can receive my mail?
- If I need more than one HMS Suite, do I need to pay more?
- What if I have registered mail that need to be received?
- Where can I find the HMS Terms and Conditions?
- How can I register with the HMS?
- How long does it take to register with HMS?
For security and verification purposes we require 2-5 working days upon the receipt of your signed and duly completed HMS Registration Form (with all relevant documents included).
- What type of documentation do I need to submit along with the HMS Registration Form?
You are required to complete and sign the HMS Registration Form, and attach the scanned copies of your passport and the passport(s)* of your pre-approved recipient(s) (if any).
* Only the last three (3) numerical digit of the passport(s) will be collected and administered for the subscription of Hold Mail Service. We advise against any full disclosure of passport(s) number and will omit such information to abide by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
- If I need more than one HMS Suite, what shall I do?
You are requested to fill in a separate HMS Registration Form (additional charges will apply for each additional HMS Suite) for each additional HMS suite you wish to purchase. A different HMS Address will be issued for each HMS suite.
Hold Mail Service is a service by Singapore Post designed to safely and securely retain your mail until you are ready to collect it. With HMS, everything sent to your postal address is kept safe and secure. We will hold all the addressed mail delivered to your HMS Address for up to a year. We also can deliver your mail by a courier in Singapore.
HMS Hotline are available from 9:00am to 5:30pm from Mondays to Fridays, excluding Singapore public holidays.
HMS Delivery hours are from 9:30am to 5:00pm from Mondays to Fridays, excluding Singapore public holidays.
The HMS delivery service is available anywhere within Singapore. The exact location is to be specified by the customer during booking of the mail delivery appointment.
Only you or your pre-approved recipient(s) can receive your mail. You can appoint the pre-approved recipient(s) through the HMS Registration Form.
Yes, you need to pay for each HMS Suite assigned to you. You are required to fill in a separate HMS Registration Form for each HMS suite, or you can opt for the Family Package which provides up to 4 HMS Suites.
If you have registered mail to be send to your HMS Suite, please drop us an email at email@example.com so we can advise further.
The HMS Terms and Conditions are part of the HMS Registration Form and can be found here.
Complete and submit the completed Registration Form together with the necessary documents of you and your pre-approved recipient(s) (if any), either electronically or via postal mailing here.
- What is the HMS Address?
- Where is the HMS Suite?
- What do I need to do when I receive my HMS Address?
The HMS Address is a unique address issued to you by us for redirection of your mail. Once subscribed to Hold Mail Service, you are required to change your address registered with the service provider(s) to the HMS Address provided to you.
The HMS Suite is the number assigned to you upon subscription to HMS. The HMS Suite is allocated to a given pigeonhole at our Secured Storage Location where your Mail is stored.
You need to request your service provider(s) to update your mailing address with the new HMS Address. The “Address/Contact Details Update Form” which you will need to complete and return to the service provider(s) can be requested from your respective service provider(s).
- Is my mail being checked or opened at any point of time?
- What security procedures are in place for my HMS account?
HMS, with its enhanced security and confidentiality features provides the guarantee that at no point will your email ever be checked or opened until it is safely delivered to you or your pre-approved recipient.
The security procedures we use are similar to that used by major service providers and credit card companies. They include but are not limited to: verification processes, SMS confirmations, and identification questions.
- What is Pre-Approved recipient(s)?
- Can I include several names on my Pre-Approved list of Recipients?
- What if I forgot who or want to change my Pre-Approved Recipient list?
Pre-approved Recipient means the recipient(s) appointed by you in the HMS Registration Form to receive your mail on your behalf at the mail delivery appointment.
Yes, you can nominate up to maximum of 3 names. The nominated recipient(s) are allowed to receive the mail on your behalf for a particular HMS Suite of yours. If you have multiple HMS Suites you may want to nominate different Pre-approved Recipients for each HMS Suite.
You may want to re-nominate your Pre-approved Recipients by submitting the HMS Account Update Form , or you can call email us for further assistance.
- How can I book a delivery appointment to receive my mail?
- Call the HMS Hotline at +65 6845 6901 or email Holdmail@singpost.com.sg
- Answer a few questions for identification purposes.
- Quote the HMS suite number(s) whose mail you wish to collect.
- State the date, time and location of delivery.
- Provide name and contact number of the recipient.
- How can I re-schedule/cancel my delivery appointment?
- What will happen to my mail if collect it in over a year?
Follow the steps below:
You can re-schedule/cancel your delivery appointment by calling the HMS Hotline number: +65 6845 6901 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your mail will be securely shredded as stated in the terms and conditions. You may request us to dispatch all uncollected mail (mail that was at our Secured Storage Location for more than a year) to your Release Address. This request must be made no less than 30 days prior to the 1 year expiry period. The cost of delivery to the Release Address will be advised and charged to your credit card upon your agreement.
- What is the Standard delivery?
- Can I collect my mail from the HMS office?
- Can I have my mail delivered overseas to my designated/release address?
Standard Mail Delivery Service is a local, next day delivery service by an HMS courier and we deliver anywhere within Singapore. The exact location is to be specified during the booking of the mail delivery appointment. Last booking for next day delivery should reach us not later than 2 PM on a business day.
Yes, you have the choice to pick up your mail from Singapore Post Centre. You are required to make an appointment one (1) business day in advance via HMS Hotline at +65 6845 6901 or email us at email@example.com.
Yes, you can arrange for your mail to be sent to an overseas address. This is a non-standard service and will be charged accordingly upon customer confirmation. Only Credit Card payments are accepted for overseas shipping.
- How can I update my HMS account details such as Release Address, contact details, passport number, credit card details, and Pre-approved Recipients?
- What if I need to cancel my HMS account?
You can update your HMS Account by submitting the HMS Account Update.
For cancellation of your HMS account you are required to fill out and submit an HMS Account Cancellation Form.