SG50 A5 MyStamp Folder: Celebrating 50 Years of Singapore
SingPost also giving up to 65% discount on postage rates for festive greeting cards posted between 29 Jan and 19 Feb
Singapore, 27 January 2015 - To get Singaporeans and stamp collectors into the spirit of celebrating Singapore’s 50th anniversary this year, SingPost has released a special edition MyStamp premium gift set - SG50 A5 MyStamp Folder on this momentous occasion.
Priced at S$19.90, this limited edition SG50 A5 MyStamp Folder comes in a specially designed red folder and MyStamp sheet featuring six S$1.10 stamps with decorative tabs showcasing iconic landmarks, culture and events such as Marina Bay Skyline, Gardens by the Bay, Changi Airport, Esplanade, and Youth Olympics Games.
The outer cover has the map of Singapore in national colours i.e. red and white. The inner cover features Singapore’s skyline in a rainbow of colours to signify a vibrant city with a diverse culture and heritage.
This limited edition SG50 A5 MyStamp Folder can only be purchased online at www.stampdelight.com.
Festive Postage Rates for Lunar New Year
This festive season, customers can save up to 65% on postage rates for season’s greeting cards posted between 29 January and 19 February 2015.
- Greeting card of any size, shape or colour to a local address
- - S$0.30 (for weight up to 20g) and S$0.37 (for weight up to 40g)
- - Down from the normal postage rate of S$0.60 for non-standard greeting cards
- Greeting card to anywhere in the world (except Malaysia and Brunei)
- - S$0.70 (for weight up to 40g)
- - Down from the usual rate which ranges from S$1.20 to S$2.00 depending on the destination
- Postage rates for greeting cards posted to Malaysia and Brunei remain unchanged at S$0.50 (for weight up to 20g) and S$0.70 (for weight up to 50g)
This is the 14th year that SingPost is offering customers festive postage rates for stamped and franked mail. Please refer to Appendix 1 for details. Customers can purchase stamps for their greeting cards at any post office, Self-service Automated Machines (SAM), postal agents and stamp vendors located islandwide.
Customers are advised to post their greeting cards and presents early to avoid the festive rush at the country of destination. Posting early gives senders greater peace of mind and recipients the joy of receiving their items on time for the festive celebrations.
Mailing and packing tips
For customers who wish to mail out packages or cards this festive season, here are some helpful mailing and packaging tips to keep in mind:
- Ensure that addresses are correct and complete. Items may not reach their recipients or may be delayed due to factors such as incorrect or incomplete addresses.
- Indicate the return address on the back of the envelope, on the flap.
- Use a bigger font size, preferably font size 12.
- Ensure accurate customs declaration for international packages and not to send prohibited or dangerous items.
- Use good quality packaging materials, for example select a box that is strong enough to protect the contents. Leave space for cushioning inside the carton.
- Cushion contents appropriately, for example with bubble wrap or foam to avoid damage during shipping.
- Wrap each item separately when packing more than one item in the same box. Pack tightly to avoid shifting during transit.
-------------------------------------------------------- End ---------------------------------------------------------
* The above promotional rates are only applicable to stamped and franked mail for the festive period from 29 January to 19 February 2015.
About Singapore Post Limited
(Reg. No. 199201623M)
Singapore Post (SingPost) is the leading provider of mail, logistics and ecommerce solutions in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region, with operations in more than 10 countries.
As Singapore’s national postal service provider, SingPost offers trusted communications through domestic and international postal services as well as end-to-end integrated mail solutions covering secure data printing, letter-shopping, delivery and mailroom management, among others. For over 150 years, SingPost has been delivering a trusted and reliable service to citizens, residents, corporations and businesses in Singapore.
As part of its transformation, SingPost has been steadily expanding beyond Singapore, leveraging its regional platform Quantium Solutions and other subsidiaries and partners. With its regional network and infrastructure, SingPost offers fully integrated ecommerce logistics solutions covering the four areas of freight, customs & regulations management, warehousing & fulfilment, last mile delivery & returns as well as ecommerce web services, to its customers.
SingPost won the World Mail Award for ecommerce in June 2014 and was ranked the top postal agency in the world in an Accenture report. SingPost also gained international acclaim when it was bestowed the Service Provider of the Year 2012 award by Postal Technology International. SingPost is the only company to win to the Universal Postal Union’s EMS Cooperative award for its Speedpost courier service every year since 2001.
SingPost's subsidiaries and businesses include:
SingPost was listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange in 2003. To learn more about SingPost, please visit www.singpost.com.
For general information on SingPost, visit us at www.singpost.com