Favourite Traditional Biscuits on Stamps!
Singapore, 24 March 2015 - Appreciate the rich diversity of cultures of Singapore through this beautiful set of Traditional Biscuits stamp issue which will be released on 25 March 2015.
Featured in this colourfully-illustrated set of stamps are traditional Chinese, Malay and Indian delicacies - almond biscuit, kueh bangkit, murukku, kueh makmur - as well as favourite childhood biscuits like gem biscuit and cream cracker that many Singaporeans grew up with in the 1980s. This stamp issue uses the printing technique of offset lithography with embossing.
Besides this set of six stamps (S$4.07), other stamp products of this issue include the Precancelled First Day Cover affixed with complete set of stamps (S$5.00); and the Presentation Pack with complete set of stamps (S$5.95). Please refer to Appendix 1 for more information.
The stamp products of this issue will be on sale from 25 March 2015 at all post offices and the Singapore Philatelic Museum. They can also be purchased online at www.stampdelight.com
- End -
Available at www.stampdelight.com, post offices and the Singapore Philatelic Museum
* Prices inclusive of prevailing GST for purchases within Singapore
1st Local stamp can be used to make up the postage for overseas mail
- End -
About Singapore Post Limited
(Reg. No. 199201623M)
Singapore Post (SingPost) is the leading provider of mail, logistics and ecommerce solutions in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region, with operations in more than 10 countries.
As Singapore’s national postal service provider, SingPost offers trusted communications through domestic and international postal services as well as end-to-end integrated mail solutions covering secure data printing, letter-shopping, delivery and mailroom management, among others. For over 150 years, SingPost has been delivering a trusted and reliable service to citizens, residents, corporations and businesses in Singapore.
As part of its transformation, SingPost has been steadily expanding beyond Singapore, leveraging its regional platform Quantium Solutions and other subsidiaries and partners. With its regional network and infrastructure, SingPost offers fully integrated ecommerce logistics solutions covering the four areas of freight, customs & regulations management, warehousing & fulfilment, last mile delivery & returns as well as ecommerce web services, to its customers.
SingPost won the World Mail Award for ecommerce in June 2014 and was ranked the top postal agency in the world in an Accenture report. SingPost also gained international acclaim when it was bestowed the Service Provider of the Year 2012 award by Postal Technology International. SingPost is the only company to win to the Universal Postal Union’s EMS Cooperative award for its Speedpost courier service every year since 2001.
SingPost's subsidiaries and businesses include:
- SP eCommerce, an ecommerce enabler that provides brands and retailers with integrated end-to-end ecommerce solutions
- Quantium Solutions which specialises in logistics and fulfilment services to businesses in the Asia Pacific region
- CouriersPlease, a leading metropolitan express parcel delivery service in Australia
- Famous Holdings, an established freight consolidator and freight-forwarder with a regional presence in 7 countries
- Lock+Store, a self-storage operator in Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia
- Speedpost, a leading provider for courier service in Singapore and international shipping to more than 200 destinations across the globe
- vPOST, one of the largest online shopping and shipping services providers in Southeast Asia
- Omigo Marketplace, Singapore’s online marketplace for consumers to shop and for SMEs and international brands to sell online
- SAM, a digital mailbox with bill payment services which can be accessed anywhere, anytime
SingPost was listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange in 2003. To learn more about SingPost, please visit www.singpost.com.
For general information on SingPost, visit us at www.singpost.com