SODA General Information
1. Customers who do not vary their requirements of stamps and First Day Covers from issue to issue would find it convenient to deposit a sum of money in a SODA to defray the cost of regular supplies of items ordered.
2. For each new set of stamps or stamped stationery, the Philatelic Bureau will send to the account holder the quantity of items as advised under his / her standing instructions. The cost of the items sent on each issue will be deducted from the deposit account. A statement showing the credit balance will be despatched with each batch of items.
3. Each Standing Order must be for a minimum of one complete set of stamps or First Day Cover affixed with a complete set of stamps. Colour check will be supplied with every four complete sets of stamps ordered, subject to availability of stocks.
4. Items ordered by the account holder will be sent to the address indicated on the form. An account holder who wishes to have any item sent regularly to some other address or addresses [e.g. for delivery to friends, etc.] is requested to submit a separate list of names and addresses in block letters.
5. All items despatched by registered / unregistered mail will be charged the appropriate handling charge plus the current registration fee where applicable. Covers for despatch to difference addresses will be charged separate handling and registration fees.
6. A minimum deposit of S$50.00 is required to open a SODA.
7. Your deposit should be remitted by means of a VISA / MasterCard, postal order, money order, cheque or bank draft made out in Singapore currency. Remittance must be payable to "Singapore Post Limited" and crossed "A/C Payee Only". Cash will be accepted for the deposit if placed personally at Singapore post offices. Your order would be serviced only when your cheque / bank draft is cleared.
8. Credit Card payment is only available to mail order customers, i.e. customers who make payment by post. The minimum payment through a credit card is S$10.00 per transaction.
9. From time to time, the account holder should send a remittance to the Philatelic Bureau to ensure that a sufficient credit balance is available to meet the cost of future new issues. Remittance received by the Philatelic Bureau 6 weeks before the date of the new issue is reflected in the statement of account sent with your order. Please top up your deposit at least 6 weeks before the issue date.
10. Please allow 6 weeks for the Philatelic Bureau to effect changes made to the particulars of the applicant, order or mode of collection
11. Please allow 1~2 weeks for delivery of the orders from the issue date.
Note: Singapore Post reserves the right to review and change the prices / charges quoted herein as well as the SODA service scheme without prior notice.
1. 客户如果对每次发行的邮票和首日封的需求不变，预先把钱存入"长期订购户 口"以便每次自动支付表格中注明的邮品种类和数量的费用，可以省却不少麻 烦。
2. 集邮局的销售处将根据户口持有者在申请表格上注明的定购数量，将每一套新 的邮票或邮品寄给客户。邮票或邮品 费用将从客户的户口扣除，客户每次在收到订购品时，也将收到显示户口来往情况的结单。
3. 客户每一次必须至少订购一整套邮票或附整套邮票的首日封，每订购4套邮票 客户将会获得数量有限的彩色标号四方连票。
4. 集邮局将把所有订购的物件寄到客户在表格中所填写的地址。户口持有者如果希望集邮局定期把订购物件寄到其他地址（比如给订户的朋友等），必须多填 写另一份表格，清楚注明详情。
7. 存款必须以信用卡（VISA/MasterCard），邮政汇票，支票或银行汇票支付，并且以新币（S$)为计算单位。款项请寄交"Singapore Post Limited" 并注明"A/C Payee Only"，订单只有在支票或银行汇票兑现以后才被处理。
9. 户口持有者应该定期把钱存入集邮局，以确保户口内有足够存款应付短期内的需求。在至少6个星期以前，确保户口内的存款足够支付订购的费用，否则客户 的订购指示将不被处理。
Stamps - Window to the World
Stamp collecting is a fun, rewarding and inexpensive hobby that can be enjoyed by both young and old. Stamps
have been issued from postal services from all over the world since 1840. Every subject you can imagine has
been depicted on colourful stamps: Animals, sports, maps, cars, ships, movie stars. No matter what your interest,
there are stamps that will complement that interest.
In fact, stamps are little icons that reflect a country's achievements and heritage, showcasing its historical, political,
economic, cultural, social and artistic facets. Apart from visual education, stamps also provide a means to
publicise Singapore's contribution and participation in regional and international affairs, communicating
Singapore's identity worldwide and according recognition to regional and international events or activities of
importance to Singapore.
Stamp collecting keeps one’s mind active and inquisitive as it increases one’s knowledge of places and events.
Read how stamps opened Tommy Koh’s mind to the world.
Stamps Opened His Mind to the World
I would like to share with your readers my response to Mr Lim Chong Teck's letter, "Do Away Postage Stamps".
I was an avid stamp collector when I was in primary and secondary schools. Collecting stamps helped to educate
me and brought me joy. It was through my stamp collection that I became knowledgeable about world geography
and excelled in that subject in school. The stamps opened my mind to history, historical personalities, arts,
culture and the wonders of the natural world. Collecting stamps also taught me to be disciplined, methodical and
to find happiness in a wholesome hobby.
Collecting stamps is something which parents and children can do together and is a bonding experience. Let me
quote the following paragraph from a lovely poem, "Stamp Collecting" by one of Singapore's best poets, Boey Kim
"Starting with Australia, she slides the stamps
behind the filmy strip, the album breathing
promise in its fresh gluey feel, the world
being collected and unfolding as it fills up
shelf by shelf. As her five-year-old fingers
gingerly slip the countries into place, the questions
spill out, like the stamps from an old album
I opened yesterday, forgotten pressed flowers
of a time when the world arrived
in a philatelic queue, surviving
emblems from my stamp-mad phase."
(Published in Straits Times Forum on 19 November 2009)
Are you in despair because you have missed out on a stamp issue or are you in search of a way not to miss any of Singapore issued stamps? Don't worry, to help you to solve the problem, the Singapore Philatelic Bureau provides the Past Issue Order and the Standing Order Deposit Account (SODA) services.
In despair after missing out on a stamp issue? Maybe we can help. Just contact us to purchase the stock available, or click here to Shop@vPOST to order and we will service the orders subject to stock availability.
SODA stands for Standing Order Deposit Account ~ a special service provided by the Singapore Philatelic Bureau to allow stamp collectors to obtain new stamp issues and stamped stationery through home delivery. Simply deposit a minimum sum of $50 and give us your standing instructions when you open a SODA. Hence, simply fill up the form, send it back to us and we will do the rest!
To get ahead of the rest, simply fill up an Advance Order form three weeks before a stamp issue and we'll take care of the rest. These forms are available at the Philatelic Bureau and all post offices. Or you can simply order online at Shop@vPOST and we will service your orders subject to stock availability
If you would like to collect special datestamp impressions on your stamps, use our CTO service!
So, come journey with us into "The Fascinating World of Stamps!"
Alternatively, you can send it to us by fax at (65) 68413378 or mail to:
Singapore Post Ltd
Philatelic & Stamps Department
10 Eunos Road 8 #B2-32
Singapore Post Centre
Collecting stamps is a fun, rewarding and inexpensive hobby. The world’s first stamp, Penny Black issued in Great Britain on 6 May, 1840 is highly regarded by stamp collectors. The most expensive stamp in the world is the misprinted 1855 Swedish Treskilling Yellow stamp which was said to be sold at auction for £1.6m in 1996.
However, stamps are not just collectibles. It is also a wholesome hobby that can foster family ties as it brings family members, especially young families, together in a quest to learn more about a country’s history, nature, art, culture and science.
Learn more about stamps or browse the latest commemorative stamp issues and the current definitive stamps available for purchase.
Find out the different types of stamp products produced by SingPost.
- Annual Collection
- Commemorative / Special stamps
- Definitive Stamps
- First Day Covers
- Miniature Sheets
- Postage Labels
- Presentation Packs
- Souvenir Covers / Prepaid Envelopes
This is a yearly issue that contains all the information you need on the year’s stamp issues. Packed between its pages is an entire year’s collection of stamps, illustrated with brilliant photographs and well-written compositions, offering background information to the stamp issues of the year and their designers.
Commemorative stamps celebrate significant national and international events while Special Stamps depict subjects of general interest such as flora, fauna, culture, history and architecture. Greeting stamps can be used on special occasions to convey joyous messages of love and caring.
These are stamps printed to meet normal postal demand. New definitive stamps are released every 3 - 5 years.
These specially designed envelopes complement the design of the new issue stamps, which are usually cancelled with a pictorial postmark indicating the date of issue. A hot favourite among collectors!
These are postcards with designs that are of the same theme as the stamps and postmarks of the same subject. They are available only on the first day of issue.
These are printed sheets usually with a complete set of stamps. Exhibition souvenir sheets are miniature sheets overprinted with an exhibition logo to commemorate participation at a stamp exhibition.
You can create a stamp that is uniquely yours by printing your favourite photo, personalized message or logo on a tab beside a postage stamp. A great way to announce wedding news, birthdays and company anniversaries etc.
These are self-adhesive labels available in a range of postage values from self-service postage label vending machines.
The stamps in these packs are mounted in protective strips encased in folders printed with background information on the stamp issue. Definitely an ideal gift for all and a neat way to keep your favourite stamps.
Specially postmarked, souvenir covers can be mailed overseas whilst prepaid envelopes, which carry a postage imprint, are meant for local use only.