Payment Protector Plus for ezyCash Customer
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Who is eligible to enroll?
Q2: How does the Payment Protector Plus scheme work?
Q3: What do you mean by Terminal Illness?
Q4: What do you mean by Involuntary Retrenchment?
Q5: What do you mean by the elimination period?
Q6: When does the 30-day period of involuntary umemployment start? Is it from the date I am
Q7: What kind of proof does ACE need for Involuntary Retrenchment?
Q8: What are the situations where the Involuntary Retrenchment Benefit is not claimable?
Q9: How do I enroll for the Payment Protector Plus scheme?
Q10: What do I need to pay to enroll for the Payment Protector Plus scheme?
Q11: How do I pay?
Q12: When will the Payment Protection Plus Insurance cover start?
Q13: When will the Payment Protection Plus Insurance terminate?
Q14: What if I change my mind after I have signed up for the Payment Protector Plus scheme?
Q15: Are there any excluded occupations?
Q16: Is suicide covered?
Q17: What is the claim procedure?
Q18: If I have more questions after receiving the Welcome Pack, whom should I speak with?
A1: All EzyCash customers who are at least 21 years old but below 64 years old are eligible for this plan. In addition, you must have been a full-time salaried employee (permanent and contract basis) for a minimum of six (6) months prior to the date on which you loan is disbursed. This means you must:
- have been employed as a full-time salaried employee with at least forty (40) working hours per week and making Central Provident Fund contributions;
- have been employed as a full-time salaried employee with a minimum of 12-month contract period. Additionally, you have renewed your contract at least once with the same employer;
- not have been self-employed, employed to carry out temporary work or employed on a commissioned basis, where commissions contribute more than fifty percent (50%) of your average monthly income; and
- if you have been employed for less than six (6) months in your current job, have been employed as a full-time salaried employee by your previous employer for at least twenty-four (24) months
A2: Under the Payment Protection Plus Insurance policy, underwritten by ACE, 100% of your outstanding loan will be paid to GE in the event of Accidental Death, Accidental Total & Permanent Disability or Terminal Illness to a borrower covered under the policy. The coverage is 24-hr, worldwide. Additionally, ACE will pay GE Money up to 4 months of your monthly installment in the event of Involuntary Retrenchment. The Involuntary Retrenchment benefit is claimable after the 90-day elimination period and your involuntary retrenchment lasting more than 30 days.
A3: Terminal illness refers to any disease which in the opinion of a licensed Doctor, is likely to lead to death within 6 months from the date of diagnosis.
A4: Involuntary Retrenchment refers to unemployment resulting from you being retrenched by your employer and thereafter being unable to find, and not being engaged in, any work for over 30 days. It shall be deemed to start on the day after the last day of employment as specified on the formal notification of retrenchment from your employer. This would exclude situations where employees voluntarily asked to be retrenched due to attractive severance packages offered by their employers or for any other reasons.
A5: The Elimination Period means 90 days immediately following your policy effective date. In the event of involuntary retrenchment during this period, the Involuntary Retrenchment benefit will not be claimable.
A6: The 30-day period starts from the date your employment contract is officially terminated.
A7: You need to submit documentary evidence such as a letter from your company’s Human Resource of your involuntary retrenchment.
A8: The Involuntary Retrenchment Benefit is not claimable in the following situations:
- the Involuntary Retrenchment was known to you whether an official written or oral notice had been given or not.
- your employment was terminated because of your misconduct, deficiency in the performance of his duties, resignation or voluntary redundancy.
- your employment was terminated at the end of a fixed-term contract, unless the fixed-term contract was for at least twelve (12) months with the same employer and:-
- it was renewed at least once; or
- you were originally employed on a permanent basis.
- your employment was terminated at the end of Temporary Work.
- you are Self-Employed.
- for any period you are entitled to receive payment in lieu of the termination notice.
- where the Involuntary Retrenchment occurs within the elimination period.
A9: Just tick and sign on the box in the Loan Application Form, and submit the Application to GE. Upon approval of your application, you will receive a Welcome Pack from GE Personal Credit Pte Ltd.
A10: This is dependent on your monthly loan repayment. An administrative fee of 1.85% of your monthly loan repayment is payable to GE. For example, if the personal loan monthly loan repayment is $200, the monthly fee would be $3.70.
A11: By signing on the Payment Protector Plus section in the Application Form and upon approval of your Personal Loan application, you will be authorizing GE Money to debit your account in the amount of the administrative fee. This monthly fee will be included in the monthly loan instalment calculation.
A12: The cover commences on the date that your loan is disbursed to you.
A13: The cover will terminate once the loan has been fully redeemed either at the end of the full loan term or in the event of an early redemption. This cover will also terminate upon the fulfillment of a 100% claim according to the Table of Benefits.
A14: You will be have a 30-day grace period from the date of receipt of the Welcome Pack during which you can choose to withdraw from the Payment Protector Plus scheme. If you wish to withdraw, you must notify ACE Insurance Ltd within the 30 days by sending a written notice by fax or mail. Alternatively, contact ACE Customer Officer at the ACE hotline - 6299 0988, Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm.
A15: No, there aren’t any excluded occupations.
A16: No, suicide, attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury is excluded from the coverage.
A17: Immediately upon the occurrence of an event for which you are covered, you (or your next of kin) should call the Ace hotline at 6299 0988, , Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm to request for a claim form. This claim form must be submitted to ACE as soon as possible and in any event, within sixty (60) days after the date of the occurrence.
A18 : If you have questions regarding the way the insurance cover operates, you can speak with an ACE Customer Officer at the ACE hotline - 6299 0988, Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm.
Regn No. 199702449H
600 North Bridge Road
#08-01 Parkview Square