On eligibility for alternate site collection service
1. Are all Singaporeans eligible for this alternate site collection service?
Not all Singaporeans would be eligible for this alternate site collection service. You will be informed of your eligibility vide the passport collection notification card or by email if you apply for a passport vide the online passport application system - APPLES.
2. Who are not eligible to collect their passport at the post office?
The following groups of Singaporeans will not be eligible to collect their passport at SingPost:
(i) Singaporeans who have lost or damaged their passport;
(ii) Singaporeans who do not have good quality fingerprints due to aging; or excessively wet/ dry thumbs and fingers;
(iii) Singaporeans who do not already have two sets of fingerprints enrolled in ICA’s database; and (iv) Singaporean children below six-years old.
[Note: A biometric passport requires two fingerprints of an applicant to be enrolled and encoded in the chip at the time of passport production at ICA Building. As such, Singaporeans who do not have two sets of fingerprints with ICA are not eligible to collect their passports at selected post offices
3. What happens if I do not receive any passport collection notification card?
The passport collection notification card will be sent to every passport applicant whose application is approved. However, if you do not receive the passport collection notification card, you are advised to check with ICA on the status of your passport application via APPLES at www.ica.gov.sg.
4. What if I am not eligible to collect my passport at post office?
If you are not eligible to collect your passport at the selected post office outlets, you will be required to come to ICA Building for your collection. For better time management, you are advised to log on to ICA’s e-Appointment system at https://e-Appointment.ica.gov.sg/ to make an appointment.
On collection of passport at post offices
5. Where are the selected post offices?
The 26 selected post offices are as follows:
|Central||Bishan, Bukit Merah Central, Crawford, Orchard, Tanglin, Tanjong Pagar, Toa Payoh Central|
|West||Bukit Batok Central, Choa Chu Kang Central, Clementi Central, Ghim Moh Estate, Jurong Point, Jurong West|
|East||Bedok Central, Hougang Central, SingPost Centre, Marine Parade, Tampines Central, Pasir Ris Central|
|North, North-West, North-East||Ang Mo Kio Central, Bukit Timah, Yishun Central, Woodlands Central, Bukit Panjang, Sengkang Central, Serangoon Central|
6. How do I inform ICA if I wish to collect my passport at a selected post office?
If you wish to collect your passport at a selected post office, you will have to use the ICA’s eAppointment system,available through the ICA website at www.ica.gov.sg, to select a date and your preferred SingPost outlet.
7. When is the earliest date I can collect my passport at post office?
The earliest date that you can collect your passport at the selected post office is three working days after you have successfully confirmed your booking via the ICA’s e-Appointment system.
8. Why do I have to wait for three working days to collect my passport at a post office after I have confirmed the booking through ICA’s e-Appointment system?
The additional days are required for ICA to sort, pack and deliver the passports to the respective SingPost outlets.
9. I have made an appointment to collect my passport at a particular post office but am unable to collect it on the selected date now. Must I change the appointment date?
You have up to 14 days from your appointment date to collect your passport from the selected SingPost outlet. It is not necessary to change the appointment date if you are able to collect it within the 14 days. For example, if your appointment date is 1 November 2010, you can collect your passport on any day between 1 and 14 November 2010.
10. After I have made an appointment to collect my passport at Post Office A, can I use the e-Appointment system to change the collection venue to Post Office B?
You are not allowed to do so for administrative and security reasons.
11. Can I collect my passport at the post office before my appointment date?
You will not be able to collect the passport before your appointment date as your passport may not have been delivered to the post office outlet.
12. What will happen if I fail to collect my passport within 14 days from my appointment date?
If you fail to collect your passport within 14 days from your appointment date, your passport will be returned to ICA. You must make a fresh appointment through the e-Appointment system to collect the passport at the ICA Building. Please note that the e-Appointment system will only be able to accept your booking two working days after the 14 days’ lapse.
13. Do I have to join the queue at the post office even if I have already made an appointment through the ICA’s e-Appointment system?
You need not join the general queue but you will have to drop your passport collection notification card into a tray at the designated area to be served.
On the documents to bring for passport collection at post offices
14. What are the documents I need to bring?
The documents you need to bring will be listed on the passport collection notification card (or on the receipt for application submitted over ICA’s counter).
The items include some, if not all, of the following:
i) Passport collection notification card (optional)
ii) Applicant’s identity card (IC)
iii) Applicant’s birth certificate, if applicant is a non-IC holder
iv) Consenting parent’s IC if the applicant is below 16 years old
v) Applicant’s current passport (if applicable)
vi) Other documents listed in the passport collection notification card
15. What if I forget to bring any of the documents listed on the passport collection notification card?
You will not be allowed to collect the passport without the necessary documents. You can return to the selected SingPost outlet with all the required documents to collect the passport once you bring all the documents.
16. What if I lose any of the required documents after I have made an appointment to collect my passport at a post office?
If you lose any of the documents i.e. your NRIC/ birth certificate or current passport, you will not be allowed to collect your passport at the post office. You should report the loss of the documents to ICA and you will be advised on the collection of your new passport.
17. What is the process like for collection of passport at post office?
Step 1: Present all required documents to the counter staff at post office.
Step 2: After checking that all documents are in order, SingPost staff will retrieve the passport.
Step 3: SingPost staff will conduct a face-to-face check of the applicant against the passport and the identity document.
Step 4: SingPost staff will conduct an identity verification by scanning your fingerprints.
Step 5: Once your identity has been successfully verified, you will be issued with the passport.
Step 6: You will sign an acknowledgement slip for the issuance of the passport. SingPost staff will then invalidate the previous passport and return to you.
18. Can I appoint another person to collect my passport at the post office on my behalf?
You must collect your passport personally because your identity will be checked via fingerprint verification system before your passport can be issued. This is to ensure that the passport is issued to the rightful holder.
19. Can I use my passport immediately after collecting it at post office?
Yes, you can use your passport for travel immediately after collecting it.
On passport collection at post offices for children
20. If I am the consenting parent for my child’s passport application, can my spouse accompany my child to collect his/her passport at the post office?
If you are the consenting parent, you must accompany the child when collecting his/her passport at the post office.
21. Why am I not allowed to authorise my spouse to accompany my child to collect his/her passport at the post office while I can do so for collection made at ICA Building?
ICA is able to verify the identity of your spouse but this facility is not available at the post office.
22. Must my child be present when collecting his/her passport at the post office?
Your child must come in person with the consenting parent to collect his/her passport at the post office.
On collection failures at post offices
23. What are the circumstances where my passport cannot be issued to me at the post office?
Singaporeans who are unsuccessful in the fingerprint verification at SingPost will not be able to collect their passport. In such instances, the passport will be returned to ICA by SingPost and the applicant will be advised to collect the passport from ICA.
24. What must I do if the collection of my passport at the post office is unsuccessful?
If the collection of your passport at the post office is unsuccessful, you will have to collect the passport at the ICA Building. SingPost staff will advise you on the details.